The Forum Opens up Unique Opportunities
Participation in the Forum as a speaker / delegate provides wonderful opportunities for brands promotion, and establishing connections and business partnership with the maritime branch professionals.
Ukraine is among the top five countries that supply the world merchant fleet with qualified officers.
Being the marine capital of Ukraine, the city of Odessa is one of the largest centers of education, training and employment of seafarers in Europe. There are several higher maritime educational establishments, seafarers training and certifying centers; representative offices of more than 200 shipping, manning, and crewing companies; the leading maritime publications and about 80 thousand employees of the maritime industry and training institutions in Odessa.
Major Forum Topics
- legal regulations of training, certification and labour of seafarers
- competence standards and seafarer employment requirements of shipping, manning and crewing companies
- maritime education and training (MET) systems
- quality management systems
- on-board training and cadet programs, training fleet
- simulator training
- distance education (e-learning) and training programs designed for developing seafarer education and skills
- assessment of knowledge, comprehension and proficiency
- career enhancement & qualifications upgrade courses
- educational materials and media promotion
- seafaring popularization
- higher educational establishments in-service instructors training
- anti-piracy crew members protection
- human factor and safety of navigation
- human resources management: seafarers psychological adjustment to multicultural crew
- on-board medical treatment and care
- crew members insurance
- MET investment projects